Jhangore ki Kheer of Uttarakhand
Jhangore ki Kheer of Uttarakhand is a delicious Pahari dessert recipe that is packed with flavors you can prepare in the comfort of your home. This Kumaon sweet dish tastes like milk, nuts, and jhangora, a type of millet.
Barnyard millet, also known as jhangora, is grown in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand. It is thought to be one of humanity’s oldest foods. This millet is a gluten-free superfood that is highly nutritious and easily digestible. Because millet is the main ingredient in this dessert, it is also known as millet kheer.
Jhangore ki Kheer Reciepe
Jhangore ki Kheer is a delicious Pahari dessert recipe that you can make at home for your family and friends. This authentic kheer is made with jhangora (barnyard millet), milk, sugar, and kewra essence, almonds, and raisins.
Prepare this delectable dessert for festivals and special occasions such as Diwali, Holi, and birthdays. This sweet and delectable dessert is ideal for those with a sweet tooth and will satisfy your taste buds. You can make this delicious Jhangore ki Kheer for your loved ones and they will shower you with praises and compliments.
Ingredients of Jhangore ki Kheer
1 cup of jhangora
2 cups condensed milk
3 liters of full-fat milk
2 drops of kewra essence
A small pinch of saffron for the amazing smell
1 tablespoon chopped cashew nuts
1 tablespoon chopped almonds
1 tablespoon raisins
Jhangore ki Kheer Preparation
1. Jhangora should be washed and soaked in water for one hour.
2. Boil the milk in a pot with a thick bottom. Stir continuously with a stainless steel spoon to prevent the milk from burning.
3. When the milk begins to boil, add a pinch of saffron and reduce the heat to medium, cooking until the milk has reduced to half its original volume.
4. Now add the jhangora and mix well until there are no lumps.
5. After 10 minutes, stir in the condensed milk or sugar.
6. Mix in the cashews, almonds, and raisins.
7. Pour in the kewra essence. Continue to cook for another 8 to 10 minutes.
8. You can serve the kheer either hot or cold.