Eco Cave Garden in Nainital
Eco Cave Garden is a collection of natural rocky caves that have been transformed into a garden. This destination has recently gained popularity due to its close proximity to Nainital city, also known as Mall Road. The garden is maintained by Nainital Tourism and is located on the Kaladungi Road in Mallital. The garden provides a magnificent view of six caves shaped like animals. It’s a fantastic adventure for kids to get a firsthand look at various animals’ natural habitats.
With audio and visual effects, a musical fountain adds to the beauty of the setting. To maintain the garden’s authenticity, it is lit by old-fashioned petroleum lamps. Panther Cave, Tiger Cave, Bat Cave, Apes Cave, and Flying Fox Cave are among the most popular caves. Along with caves, there are hanging gardens that add to the beauty of the pathway – going through the caves is an experience you won’t want to miss.
The Eco Cave Garden is an intrinsic and necessary component of Nainital tourism. It’s a great example of nature and man working together. Furthermore, because it depicts the wildlife habitat of the Kumaon region, it is educational and informative. If you are planning a trip to Nainital, make time to visit the Eco Cave Garden and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature.
Entry Fee and Timing of Naini Lake
There is a one-time fee to enter all of the caves. Adults are charged Rs. 100, while children are charged Rs. 60. There is also a camera fee of Rs. 25. The Eco Cave Garden is open to the public from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. every day of the week.
Things to do in Eco Cave Garden
1. An educational trip to the Eco Cave Garden can be organized for students to learn about how the wildlife habitat works. This trip can be combined with a visit to the Pangot and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary and the Nainital Zoo, which would be both informative and entertaining.
2. It’s a great place for a family picnic, especially if you have kids.
Enjoy shopping by the market circle surrounding the Naini Lake, which is only a kilometer away from the Mall Road.
3. You can take a boat ride on Naini Lake and have a wonderful interaction with nature.
4. Visit the well-known Candle Shop.
5. Visit the Naina Devi temple, which is only 1.8 kilometers from the Eco Cave Garden, and seek the goddess’ blessing.